What Career Opportunities Will I Have?
Wellness is one of today’s fastest growing industries and IWE’s Certified Wellness Coaches are perfectly positioned to make a difference. The industry is growing, and so is the demand for Wellness Coaches. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the occupation is projected to grow 25% more quickly than the average occupation over the next several years.
With more than 75 percent of healthcare costs due to preventable diseases related to lifestyle behaviors1, individuals, employers, and community organizations want and need solutions now.
Individuals want help from people they can trust, people who make them feel heard and understood, and who can help them reach goals they define as important, not some kind of expensive clinician or expert who has their own agenda about what’s right for the person. Employers want a solution for improving the well-being of their employees. Communities, such as faith-based groups, schools, and other local organizations, want to make sure that they are serving their members. A big part of that service is helping members achieve optimum well-being because that’s what helps create a vital, thriving community.
Wellness Coaches, regardless of their professional certification level, are of valuable service in many settings, including:
- physicians’ offices, hospitals and residential care facilities, to help patients follow through with prescribed regimens for treatment and prevention
- health insurance plans, to help insured organizations reduce their medical costs
- employers, to create a healthier and more resilient workforce
- health clubs and gyms as a follow-up to personal training
- community organizations, to improve the wellness of the community at large
A Career with Great Flexibility and Opportunity.
You can work in many different settings:
- on your own as an independent consultant
- as a staff member on a wellness team
- as part of your existing job
You’ll also enjoy:
- setting your own hours and fees
- developing a unique niche
- choosing your clientele
- establishing a comfortable, convenient environment for yourself and your clients
You’ll never run out of potential clients because everybody can benefit from effective support now and then.
If you dream of working in a medical setting, becoming a Wellness Coach has another benefit. That benefit is that you can become a certified Wellness Coach in a fraction of the time it would take to become another kind of healthcare professional, such as a physician, nurse, or pharmacist. You’ll still get to be on the healthcare team. And, you’ll still be able to make a difference in people’s lives.
You’re standing on the cusp of a new age that’s sure to open the door to many more opportunities for caring people to make a difference.
Make a difference as a Wellness Coach.